Protecting Your Personal Data
1. INTRODUCTION AND TERMS
2. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Laws, the data controller is Selkie Soap Co. If you would like to contact us please use the details provided below:
Selkie Soap Co
Telephone: 01463 783 591.
3. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the “GDPR” Data Protection Laws your rights are:
- To be informed – We must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
- Access – You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
- Rectification – We are obliged to correct or update your details.
- Erasure – This is also known as the request to be forgotten.
- Restrict processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
- Data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
- Object – You have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – We do not use automatic decision making or profiling.
4. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- We collect and process Personal Data. Typically the Personal Data we collect and process will include name, address and email address.
- We only collect data from you directly or via third parties (see Third Parties below).
5. HOW YOUR DATA WILL BE USED
- We use information held about you to:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interest);
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so, e.g. asking a question through our website.
- carry out necessary maintenance to our infrastructure; and
- notify you about changes to our services
- We also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you.
6. THIRD PARTIES
- We will keep your information within the organisation except where disclosure is required or permitted by law to supply and support our services to you (see below list for types of service providers). We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
- THIRD PARTIES
- Please see below the list which sets out the categories of recipients of personal data.
- IT Support Service
- Email Provider
- Email Marketing Platform
- Delivery companies
- 4.3. In addition third parties may provide us with Personal Data and they should only do so where the law allows them to.
7. WHERE YOUR DATA IS HELD
Any digital data that contains your Personal Data is stored within the UK.
8. LEGITIMATE INTEREST & MARKETING
- Where we use Legitimate Interest we will record our decision and our method on making this decision.
- If you are an existing contact or customer we will only contact you by postal and electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us or enquired about. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by post or electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can choose to no longer receive these types of communication by unsubscribing to any email received or by contacting us.
9. APPLICATIONS TO WORK FOR US
If you apply to work for us (directly or indirectly) in any role (including volunteers) we may receive data about you from third parties. In addition, we will keep the details of your application and any additional information provided to us by you or others during your application so that we can keep you informed of future opportunities that you may be interested in. If you do not wish for us to keep your details for this reason, please let us know by contacting us using the details provided in this policy.
10. DATA RETENTION
We will not keep your data for longer than we need to. Our data retention policy is dictated by the Data Protection Laws and is available for inspection by submitting a written request using the contact details provided in this policy.
11. DATA DELETION
Under Data Protection Laws you have the right to erasure under specific circumstances. A request for your personal data to be deleted will be decided on a case by case basis and must be submitted in writing to the contact details provided in this policy.
12. DATA CORRECTION
We will correct or update your data without delay provided you make the request in writing to the contact details provided in this policy, clearly specifying which data is incorrect or out of date.
13. DATA INSPECTION
- We strive to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal data. Individuals can find out if we hold any of their personal data by making a formal request under the Data Protection Laws. Such requests must be in writing to the contact details provided in this policy, whether by email or by post. If we do hold your personal data we will respond in writing within one calendar month of your request (where that request was submitted in accordance with this policy).
- The information we supply will:
- confirm that your data is being processed;
- verify the lawfulness and the purpose of the processing;
- confirm the categories of personal data being processed;
- confirm the type of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; and
- let you have a copy of the data in an intelligible form.
- Please note that you may need to provide identification in order to prove who you are to access your data.
- If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
- In the instance that we do not hold information about you we will also confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity.
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details provided above.
“Excellent soap. Lathered up well with little effort. Smells fab and feels lovely on the skin. Already ordered more.”
“This soap is an absolute godsend. I have wild curls, and this bar does everything. Cleans, moisturises, conditions. I’m left with beautiful individual ringlets and I don’t need to use any styling products. My hairdresser of 20 years was gobsmacked at my last visit. Thank you, just wish I’d found it sooner! Better than ANYTHING else and super value xx”
“I’m a recent convert to shampoo bars. I bought this one after Chantelle’s suggestion and the above review. I totally agree with Aime’s comment. My hair feels and looks great. I’ll definitely be buying more. Thanks !”
Handmade Selkie Soaps
Lovingly handmade soaps created in the Highlands of Scotland using natural ingredients that are vegan friendly and cruelty free. We are a small independent business aiming to offer an alternative to artificial and harmful hand washes to anyone keen on reducing their use of plastic in the home.
Subscribe for offers